Online shopping for shoes can be hard since you can’t try them on before making your purchase. The best way to find the best fitting shoes is by finding your measurements.
Here are some tips on how to measure your shoe size for an easy online purchase.
- 2 bond papers
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Marker or pencil
- Make sure that you wear socks with your shoes when you measure your feet for shoes.
- It is best and easiest to stick the paper directly to the floor with tape to not move.
- Sit on the chair and place one foot on the paper.
- Make sure that you hold the pencil/marker perpendicular to the paper and not at an angle, or you might end up taking the outline from under the foot without realizing it.
- Trace the outline for both of your feet.
- Using the tape measure, measure from the end of your heel to your longest toe – the big toe is not always the longest.
- Also, measure the width of your foot at its widest part.
- Write down these numbers. Among the two, use the higher number.
- Subtract 3/16 from the number so you account for any differences between the line and the shoe.
- Finally, you will have a shoe measurement.
- You must now convert this to the appropriate units for your country.